After immigrating to Toronto and living in the Deer Park area, the Dean family worshiped in the original Christ Church, Deer Park (Anglican) built of board & batten in 1870.
Shortly after arriving, the .second church was built of brick in 1910 to accommodate a larger congregation.
Several Deans, including Mabel and Frank were married there. Travis and Agnes were married at St. Mary’s, Dovercourt in 1908.
In 1923, a third (and present) much larger church was built of stone a block south on Yonge.